[Samba] Not working with Windows clients where "Digitally sign communications (always)" is enabled

Jyunhao Shih casinero.triste at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:42:00 UTC 2018

Samba version: 4.7.6
OS: Ubuntu 18.04.1 server
Client: Windows 7 SP1 (Traditional Chinese)

Problem:
Normally, a client can connect to [homes] share on server.
(I type \\serverIP\my_user_name and press enter,
the username/password dialog pops up,
I input those of my Ubuntu user,
and the contents of my home dir on the server reveal.)
But when Win7 is configured with this setting enabled,
Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local
Policies\Security Options\Microsoft network client: Digitally sign
communications (always)
(due to a recent change of security policies where I work),
no dialog pops up, only an error message, whose English equivalent I
believe is
"The account is not authorized to log in from this station."

Successful log.clientIP: https://pastebin.com/HD6ZmscP
Successful log.smbd: https://pastebin.com/Xy9HHuwB
Failed log.clientIP: https://pastebin.com/D7gF7G2K
Failed log.smbd: https://pastebin.com/03nwg48t