[Samba] automatic home dirs

David Bear dwbear75 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:02:12 UTC 2018

I was reading through this
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

My goal was to be able to have samba automatically create the share

\\server\username

I'm not sure what it means :
""
Windows does not support this feature, and certain settings, such as folder
redirection in an Active Directory (AD), require a workaround instead and
you cannot use the official solution.
""
The solution presented in the wiki page is overkill for me. The users home
is already created in the tradition /home location. The acls are already
set. The samba server is a domain member.

So I would like to use the original [homes] share method. So, I go back to
'windows does not support this feature'..

--
David Bear
mobile: (602) 903-6476