[Samba] win10 Samba shares discovery

Sergei Poselenov sposelenov at emcraft.com
Thu Oct 25 15:45:09 UTC 2018

Hello,

We have Samba 4.0.21 running on a Linux machine with a share configured. It doesn't show in Windows 10 "Network" listing of available shares, unless I turn on SMBv1 in the Window features (and reboot). Accessing the share by IP or hostname works, even with SMBv1 disabled on Windows 10. Windows 10 is of the build 1804.

Is enabling SMBv1 on the Windows 10 side the only solution to get Linux share be visible for the Windows "Network" listing? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,
Sergei