[Samba] Joining to a Windows 2012 R2 DC

Taner Tas taner76 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:31:06 UTC 2018

Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:38:53 +0100 tarihinde
Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> yazdı:

> > At this I point, I need a certain answer for "Is Samba 4.8.x
> > compatible with 2012-R2 function level for forest and domain?".
>
> As a DC, no, as a a Unix domain member, yes

Thanks for answer. I think, this is clarifying the confusion that I had.

> > Release notes say that Samba is compatible with 2012-R2 since 4.7.
> > So
>
> Where does it say this ?

I'm sorry for this. I checked release notes again, but there's nothing
relevant there. Probably I misread something else.

I lowered function levels of the Windows 2012-R2 server and then join
has succeeded.

I did this on Windows server at Powershell:

Set-ADForestMode -identity mydomain.tld -forestmode Windows2008R2Forest
Set-ADDomainMode -identity mydomain.tld -domainmode Windows2008R2Domain

Thanks.