[Samba] Samba 4.7.1 CentOS 7 server: stalls at end of copy of large file

Stephen Cousins steve.cousins at maine.edu
Wed Oct 24 17:08:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a couple of CentOS 7 machines running Samba 4.7.1-6 from the CentOS
base repo. When I copy large files (> 100 MB) from a Windows 10 machine it
goes along fine at Gigabit speed (averaging around 110 MB/sec) until at 99%
it just stops and sits there (the progress window in Windows just stops).
Sometimes it will finish fine after maybe 20 or so seconds. Sometimes it
waits longer and then returns Error 0x8007003B saying there was some sort
of network error. It gives the options to Try Again, Skip or Cancel. If I
choose Skip then it closes the window and the file will be there (that is,
it copied). It does this with both of these servers.

I have an older CentOS 6 system with Samba 3.6.23 that doesn't do this. So,
copying the same file to the same location on the storage system, just
through an older Samba server works fine.

Has anyone run into this? Ideas on how to fix?

Thanks a lot,

Steve