[Samba] How secure is SMB3 over internet?

Carlos Jesus camjesus2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:05:10 UTC 2018

For what it's worth, I have a samba fileserver (4.8.5) over OpenVPN 2.4.6
on Debian Stretch with linux/windoze clients.
Works flawlessly and only needs one opened port on the router/firewall.
That also allows us to use things like UltraVNC.
Only "catch", I had to use bridge-mode on the VPN instead of the easier
route mode.
Can provide details if needed.

Best regards
Carlos