[Samba] Unable to join domain by using NetJoinDomain on Windows

周永健 zhouyongjian1031 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:18:35 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am using samba 4.8.6 and 4.9.1 to build a domain. And I have a Windows 7
virtual machine to join the domain. However, I found it was fail when I
used the NetJoinDomain which is the C# Library on Windows.
I am using the Unsecure option, authenticating by the machine password. And
Here is my code

int ret = NetJoinDomain(null, myDomainName, null, null, myMachinePassword,
(JoinOptions.NETSETUP_JOIN_DOMAIN | JoinOptions.NETSETUP_JOIN_UNSECURE |
JoinOptions.NETSETUP_DOMAIN_IF_JOINED |
JoinOptions.NETSETUP_MACHINE_PWD_PASSED));

 It was successfully on samba 4.5.16. I used the same method to join the
domain previously but it doesn’t work after I upgraded samba to 4.8 above.
The return code is 1326 which said that UNKNOWN USERNAME OR INCORRECT
PASSWORD.

Does anyone have the idea about this issue?

Best Regards,
Joe