[Samba] How secure is SMB3 over internet?

jmqaodmthr1acosyg at tutanota.com jmqaodmthr1acosyg at tutanota.com
Fri Oct 19 18:31:54 UTC 2018

Thanks for the reply. I was checking this with several IT professionals and the consensus was that it should never be exposed over the internet (even SMB3.0) and they all recommended to use it over SSH or VPN. A couple of people said there are more security professionals venting/using/supporting SSH which is why they recommend using that.
I was just wondering, would this just be the leftover stigma from the SMB1 and SMB2 days?

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com <https://tutanota.com>