[Samba] /etc/init.d/samba in Ubuntu_18.04

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Oct 18 13:29:19 UTC 2018

Hai,

Can you post your smb.conf before we proceed?

There where a lot of changes between 4.3 and 4.7.
All changes must be done and match the samba you running now.
For example, the old ubuntu config did have idmap config =
This is now for example.
idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 3000-7999

And /etc/init.d/samba
Is replace in ubuntu first by : service
Now on 18.04 its systemd : systemctl status samba
Samba is gone, this is now smbd nmbd winbind samba-ad-dc

Greetz,

Louis