[Samba] Samba v3 works with LDAP, but not Samba v4

Emil Henry hbcsc153 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 23:45:08 UTC 2018

Hi Junior!

Great info. I had set the DomainSID to the SID from the LDAP server a week
or so ago, and that did not help. After your pointer, I then tried to set
the LocalSID to the LDAP SID, but it did not hold. Did a Google search, and
one suggestion was to add

server role = classic backup domain controller

to the smb.conf. This allowed me to do a "net SetLocalSID" to the SID from
the LDAP server. and now everything seems to work. Now, I need to check,
test and cleanup. Thank you for the details.

Thanks.