[Samba] auth problem

Alex Gutiérrez Martínez alex at dvm.esines.cu
Mon Oct 15 11:23:18 UTC 2018

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and try to connect a local *samba client* to my
Windows AD. I use the packages squid samba winbind libnss-winbind. Both
machines are already using an *ntp* server for sync.

this is my samba config

[global]
    netbios name = sqntlm
    workgroup = MY
    security = ADS
    realm = MY.CU
    encrypt passwords = yes
    min protocol = SMB2
    max protocol = SMB3_11
    client min protocol = SMB2
    client max protocol = SMB3_11
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = yes
    winbind enum groups = yes
    winbind uid = 10000-20000
    winbind gid = 10000-20000

I integrate the client to the AD without problems, i can mount folders
and i can also share folders without problems, but when y try the
command *wbinfo -a MY\\user1%'123*/'*  it show:

*plaintext password authentication succeeded**
**challenge/response password authentication failed**
**Could not authenticate user MY\user1 with challenge/response*

Can someone be so nice to explain why this is happening.

--
Saludos Cordiales

Lic. Alex Gutiérrez Martínez

Tel. +53 7 2710327