[Samba] Windows Server 2019 / Windows 10 LTSC can't access samba shares on Debian stable 4.5.12

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Sat Oct 13 08:17:19 UTC 2018

Hello Andrew,

> Do you actually have any ethernet interfaces up?  Why are you not
> binding Samba to that?

I do, but I run multiple samba servers on one machine. I have a few
active directory controllers bound on a per VLAN basis to different
interfaces. And one additional samba just for shares that should serve
all VLANs. That is why I have the 10.10.10.1 on the lo interface. I use
that with many different software including ntp, nginx, old samba that
ships with debian, nfs kernel server, etc.

However if that is no longer possible with the new samba. I try a dummy
interface, if that doesn't work either I'll find an ethernet interface
in a fake VLAN.

Cheers,
        Thomas