[Samba] Samba 4.8.6 for Debian Jessie/Stretch amd64/i386 Available

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Oct 12 09:12:40 UTC 2018

Hai,

The debian samba packages for 4.8.6 are now available in the repo.

# Install steps.
# below is copy and past for jessie and stretch, but the package lsb-release needs to be installed.
# but should be installed by default.
apt-get update -y
apt-get install lsb-release -y

wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -
echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian $(lsb_release -sc)-samba48 main contrib non-free" |\
 sudo tee -a > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
apt-get update -y

The samba 4.8.6 now also include the vfs module nfs4acl_xattr.
man vfs_nfs4acl_xattr for the info.

Ps,
I have nfsv4 kerberized homedirs with automounting working without the above module,
so if anyone can explain what the plus with the use of the module, enlight me because i dont see it yet.

Have fun with these.

Greetz,

Louis