[Samba] How to disable NTLM authentication on Samba

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:13:33 UTC 2018

I must be missing something-

Are these Windows clients?  Or are these Linux clients authenticating
against Samba ?

if they were linux clients then yes I could see sssd or other
authentication components besides winbind coming into play. And in that
case yes you would have sssd work with winbind to enable caching of
credentials.

Is the event log entry below from the server ?   Is it from the domain
controller or a file server?

What version of Samba are you running?

Are the files servers and domain controllers all Samba or do you have a
mix of say Samba file servers with Windows AD servers?

The "no logon server" entry looks more relevant.      What version of
Windows clients.        I think NTLMv2 is supported as far back as NT
4.0 SP6.         Windows 2000 and later should be trying to use kerberos
in preference to NTLM.   By chance have you disabled NTLMv2 and only
enabled v1?      Are some windows clients failing while others succeeding ?