[Samba] How to disable NTLM authentication on Samba

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 20:30:43 UTC 2018

I used to run classic samba.  Since classic samba does not include its
own LDAP or Kerberos servers, those were separate components on the
server.  No reason to run sssd on any server.     Linux clients used
sssd to  authenticate to kerberos.       I migrated to an AD domain but
at that point there wasn't any reason to try to bypass sssd-  and sssd
does allow for credential caching on linux clients so it is pretty
useful.    But at no point is sssd used to provide authentication to
Windows clients nor do I run sssd on samba servers.