[Samba] Can't access samba because "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID"

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Oct 4 12:25:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 12:05:44 +0000
Junior Oliveira <emersonjr.eng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for my delay in answering Rowland, i had an emergency trip.
>
> The ldap is used only for authentication, that's right, but a lot of
> services on institution here use it. So if i turn off ldap machine,
> all that services gonna stop working, so i'm not allowed to do this.

Well, no you wouldn't be, not until you get those services to use the
AD DC instead and if you can get them to use kerberos (and you probably
will be able to), it will be a lot more secure (no passwords floating
around the network). So I will amend what I suggested:

classicupgrade your domain
reconfigure your services to use AD
when this has been fully carried out, turn of the ldap machine

Problem is, you cannot have a Samba PDC and a Samba AD DC in the same
domain, you would need to separate them.

Rowland