[Samba] Problem rpc server is unavailable

Epsilon Minus theepsilonminus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:19:52 UTC 2018

Hello, excuse me for my English.

I have several samba installations in different places and in all of
them I have the same problem. Therefore, something I am doing wrong or
I understand wrong.

When I want to manage the share from Windows, it returns the error:
"Rpc server is unavailable" and on the other hand in the edition of
permissions (also from Windows) in advanced is the legend: "unable to
contact active directory or verify claim types "

In the scenario that I have problem now is a Windows Server 2016 as DC
and a Samba as Fileserver connected to the AD of course.

this is my smb.conf:

root at samba01:/srv/samba# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
security = ADS
workgroup = GRUPOBBC
realm = LAN.GRUPOBBC.COM.AR

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
log level = 1

idmap config * : backend = tdb
idmap config * : range = 10000-999999
    idmap config GRUPOBBC :backend = ad
        idmap config GRUPOBBC :range = 10000-999999
username map = /etc/samba/user.map

vfs objects = acl_xattr
map acl inherit = yes
store dos attributes = yes

[Comercial]
path = /srv/samba/comercial
read only = no

[Direccion]
path = /srv/samba/direccion
read only = no

nsswitch.conf

root at samba01:/srv/samba# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf | grep -v ^#

passwd:         files winbind compat systemd
group:          files winbind compat systemd
shadow:         compat

I do not know if the problem of the RPC has to do with the problem of
the filesystem's permissions. maybe it has nothing to do with one
another, but it escapes me.

Thank you very much already.