[Samba] Upgraded to 4.8 - forced to use winbindd - retro how to missing?

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:58:57 UTC 2018

Sad, because that used to work fine (without winbind)... and it seems to
work now only after some magical event occurs.

While I was testing various smb.conf and wbinfo commands, suddenly it
started working... but I don't know what was the triggering event / setting
:-(.

Is there a documented way to force supplemental groups to be recognized
initially / always?