[Samba] Upgraded to 4.8 - forced to use winbindd - retro how to missing?

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:06:01 UTC 2018

Well it *almost* works as before.  With this stanza and version 4.8.3,
access seems to only be granted per the single group listed in a user's
entry in /etc/passwd, not including groups listed in /etc/group

[global]
        workgroup = AMERICAS
        realm = AMERICAS.X.Y
        security = ADS
        idmap config * : range = 100000:199999
        idmap config AMERICAS : backend = nss
        idmap config AMERICAS : range = 1000:99999

Thoughts?