[Samba] Different LDAP query in different DC...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Nov 28 12:26:27 UTC 2018

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 13:04:16 +0100
Marco Gaiarin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > Why?!
>
> Sorry but... someone can point me in the right direction? Really i
> don't know how to look for that problem...
>
> I summarize:
>
> a) an LDAP lookup for some data works in ALL DC past one
>
> b) in that non-working DC, a direct query against the sam.ldb reveal
>  that data are here (so, seems to me an ACL problem)
>
> c) checking sync status between DCs reveal no sync troubles.
>

> Where i can look for? Thanks.

If an ldap lookup works on every DC, except for one and the data is
definitely there on the one DC it doesn't work on, then it must be
something on that DC. is there a firewall or apparmor/selinux in the
way ?
Compare the non-working computer with a working one, is there something
different/missing or something set up differently.

Rowland