[Samba] Setup a Samba AD DC as an additional DC

Barry D. Adkins Barry at daram.com
Sat Nov 24 09:39:11 UTC 2018

>Very strange, it looks like it is trying to add a dns record to a zone that doesn't exist, does the Windows DC you are using to join to the domain run a dns server ?

Yes it is.

I noticed this in the AD for Directory Partitions:
DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=daram,DC=com >> Distinguished name:  CN=af689faa-6daa-4fa6-b958-c7da71d654c3,CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=daram,DC=com
DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=daram,DC=com >> Distinguished name:  CN=f88d9aed-f398-4a38-8488-7b165c9cbd9d,CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration,DC=daram,DC=com

I've been searching to see if this is normal, and if not, how to "fix" it.

Barry Adkins