[Samba] Setup a Samba AD DC as an additional DC

Barry D. Adkins Barry at daram.com
Sat Nov 24 07:36:56 UTC 2018

>>As you are are using Ubuntu 18.04, you could just install Louis's Samba packages. They will install over and replace your existing Samba packages.
>
>I did this and the domain join with a Samba DC succeeded.

Well these "errors/warnings" were reported even though the command succeeded:

A Kerberos configuration suitable for Samba AD has been generated at /var/lib/samba/private/krb5.conf
Merge the contents of this file with your system krb5.conf or replace it with this one. Do not create a symlink!

I don't know why this warning because the system krb5.conf has the entries in that file they want to be merged.  Maybe the install examined the file in /usr/shar/samba/setup  ??

AND at the very end of a long list of things it did:

ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9601, 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_ZONE_DOES_NOT_EXIST')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 177, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 716, in run
    backend_store=backend_store)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1500, in join_DC
    ctx.do_join()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1405, in do_join
    ctx.join_add_dns_records()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1164, in join_add_dns_records
    None)

Barry Adkins