[Samba] Ubuntu bionic 18.04 compatible samba 4.9.2 packages amd64 only now available.

Barry D. Adkins Barry at daram.com
Sat Nov 24 06:55:28 UTC 2018

>wget -O - http://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc | apt-key add -
>echo "# AptVanBelle repo for samba." | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
>echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian bionic-samba49 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
>
>And install as usual.

Okay, I see the second 2 lines create the "van-belle.list" file with appropriate contents.

I've got this and it Ubuntu tries to update from that location, but it is not complaining about the public key, and I see that the "wget" line retrieves your key and pipes it to the "apt-key" command.  I guess something is going wrong with that.  Perhaps since I've run the command group a few times something is fouled up with whatever/wherever apt-key "adds" your key.

Barry Adkins