[Samba] samba AD - bind - deleted DNS entries are not removed completely

Kacper Wirski kacper.wirski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:39:53 UTC 2018

To answer my own question:

Yes, it's seems like a feature.

I ran basic ldbsearch query:

ldbsearch -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b
"DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=mydomain,DC=com" and saw in output entries with:

dNSTombstoned: TRUE

Overall there are a couple hundred entries with as such. So now my
question is:

How can I safely remove them, any tips/guideliness? I thought that doing
tombstone expunge would get rid of them - but apparently not.