[Samba] samba AD - bind - deleted DNS entries are not removed completely

Kacper Wirski kacper.wirski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:20:54 UTC 2018

Hello,

Since noone answered, I'll add some more information - maybe I'm unclear
about the nature of the issue?

I re-read samba wiki, especially about DNS management and I didn't find
any information pointing to such behaviour. I was deleting all entries
using windows DNS management console (which is in the sama wiki, so I
suppose it's supported)

I don't have unfortunately another  AD environment  to see if it's a bug
related to bind/samba or expected behaviour (a feature) and I'm really
hoping, that someone could share if they ever ran into the same
behaviour when using BIND as backend (deleted dns records not being
fully deleted, retaining all windows ACL, including original entry-owner
and therefore disallowing any dynamic updates for this record - throwing
"insufficient rights" error).

Regards,

Kacper