[Samba] Setup a Samba AD DC as an additional DC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 21 12:33:33 UTC 2018

Hai,

Ahh... No i did mean the wiki in general.
Not that is really wrong, but if you are new to samba and the samba setup,
the wiki is jumping from page to page, which makes it harder to follow.
Thats it.

I would preffer a wiki setup more like this.
	UserDocu
	- setting up samba as AD DC.
		- Pre os things.
		- Pre samba things ( ntp bind )
		- installing samba by package or source.
			- os packages
			- source
		- Use AD backend or RID backend.
			- AD.
			- RID

		- provisioning samba AD.
		...etc. etc.

	- setting up samba as Domain Member.
		- Pre os things.
		- Pre samba things
		- install samba
		- joining the domain.

	- setting up samba as Stand Alone.
		- etc. etc.

It makes it more readable imo.
But just my thoughts here, nothing wrong with the info on the wiki.

Greetz,

Louis