[Samba] Testparm CUPS warning

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Nov 21 11:02:52 UTC 2018

Im wondering...

> winbind enum groups = Yes
> winbind enum users = Yes
Change these to No.

printing = CUPS    And  load printers = no
You mixed 2 types of setup, this is a working setup. ( see my smb.conf of my dedicated print server. )
My setup Debian Stretch samba 4.9.2. with cups.
One thing you really should know, if you use the default folders, then add the user maintain cups to lpadmin.
And if its running, configure the shares from within windows.

[global]

    log level = 0
    workgroup = NTDOM
    security = ADS
    realm = INTERNAL.REALM.TLD
    netbios name = PRINTSVR1

    preferred master = no
    domain master = no
    host msdfs = no

    interfaces = 192.168.0.5 127.0.0.1
    bind interfaces only = yes
    dns proxy = yes

    tls enabled = yes
    tls keyfile = /etc/ssl/private/XXXXXXXKEYpem
    tls certfile = /etc/ssl/certs/XXXXXXXXCERT.pem
    tls cafile = /etc/ssl/certs/ROOTCA.pem

    idmap config * :backend = tdb
    idmap config * :range = 2000-9999

    idmap config NTDOM: backend = ad
    idmap config NTDOM: schema_mode = rfc2307
    idmap config NTDOM: range = 10000-3999999
    idmap config NTDOM: unix_primary_group = yes
    idmap config NTDOM: unix_nss_info = yes

    kerberos method = secrets and keytab

    winbind refresh tickets = yes
    winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind enum users  = no
    winbind enum groups = no
    winbind offline logon = yes
    username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
    usershare path =

    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = yes
    store dos attributes = yes
    veto files = /.bash_logout/.bash_profile/.bash_history/.bashrc/
    hide unreadable = yes

    rpc_server:spoolss = external
    rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork
    spoolss:architecture = Windows x64