[Samba] Domain join issues - 4.9.0[SOLVED]

Robert Steinmetz AIA rob at steinmetznet.com
Tue Nov 20 19:34:18 UTC 2018

Thanks to everyone who responded. I have now figured out what happened
and why it wasn't working. Apparently somethings changed between the
time I set up the machine and my attempt to add another users.

When I initially set up the workstation I installed the recommended
registry settings. Those were still in place.

I discovered that part of the problem was that somewhere the wins server
information was deleted. Once I added that to the network setting I
could see and join the domain including browsing all of the machines in
it but I still could not log in.

Checking the PDC I found that the PDC was running winbindd. Once I shut
that down everything worked as expected.
I was able to log in using any valid domain user.

I have removed the winbind package from the PDC so I should be good to go.

Again thanks a lot.