[Samba] Problem with Windows Server Backup

Michael Funke Michael.Funke at inventex.de
Tue Nov 20 18:38:18 UTC 2018

Of course.

[global]
        security = ADS
        workgroup = INVENTEX
        realm = INVENTEX.LOCAL
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        log level = 1
        # Default ID mapping configuration for local BUILTIN accounts and groups on a domain member. The default (*) domain: - must not overlap with any domain ID mapping configuration! - must use a read-write-enabled back end,
        # such as tdb. - Adding just this is not enough - You must set a DOMAIN backend configuration, see below
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
        idmap config INVENTEX : backend = rid
        idmap config INVENTEX : range = 100000 - 199999

        path = /home/share/images
        readonly = no

Mit freundlichen Grüßen | best regards

Michael Funke