[Samba] Samba4 multiple DCs replication

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at openevents.fr
Mon Nov 19 11:33:55 UTC 2018

Le 19/11/2018 à 11:14, Marco Gaiarin via samba a écrit :
> Mandi! Julien TEHERY via samba
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> Is there a good pratice when adding new remote DCs in terms of replication
>> topology?
> I think you have to define a topology of the domain, using ADSS:
>
> 	https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2015/03/03/step-by-step-setting-up-active-directory-sites-subnets-site-links/
>
> defining links and weight.

Right, I allready had this kind of setup.
I created 3 remote sites and subnets assigned to those sites.
Remote DC's have been joined with the " --site" option.

I even tried to setup Site Links, but it doesn't help.

Here is my topology

Main Site:
DC1
DC2 => well replicated from DC1
DC3 => well replicated from DC1

Remote_Site_1
DC4 => tries to replicate from DC2, but fails with WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error
(even manually with samba-tool drs replicate DC4 DC1 DC=mydomain,DC=lan)

Remote_Site_2
DC5 => well replicated from DC1

Remote_Site_3
DC6 => well replicated from DC1, but sometimes fails trying to replicate
from DC3...

I tried demoted DC4 several times and rejoined it, whithout success.
Each time it fails with ths machine (i checked network and dns settings,
nothing's wrong)

So from what i see "drs showrepl" shows me that sometimes a remote DC
tries to DC1, sometimes not, and i would like to control it.