[Samba] How to import LDIF to samba AD

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 15 16:36:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:02:56 +0100
przeqpiciel <przeqpiciel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that is not possible but maybe i have to export more
> data from working ad?

Whilst you may (and I stress 'may') be able to extract all the data
from AD, it is very unlikely you will be able to inject it back into a
new DC. There are numerous attributes that only the system can write.

The easiest way will be to use the new Samba backup & restore tools

Another way would be to stop Samba and manually backup all the Samba
files. Problem is, you would need to do this very often to ensure
you have a valid database.

The most efficient way is to run more than one DC and use the Samba
backup tools

Anything else is not supported by Samba.

Rowland