[Samba] How to import LDIF to samba AD

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 15 15:55:11 UTC 2018

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:36:25 +0100
przeqpiciel <przeqpiciel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for fast response. I have been drop into recovery test
> project. It assumed when disaster come i will have only dumped data
> and i have to install new os and make controller with imported data.

Ah, that explains it. Sorry, but your plan isn't going to work, your
ldap dump will not contain all the contents of your AD.

The latest Samba now has the tools to possibly do what you want, check
out 'samba-tool domain backup --help' for more info.
You will need Samba >= 4.9.0

However the best plan is to have more than one DC, this way if one DC
does go down, your AD will still be available from the other(s), though
you may have to transfer/seize the FSMO roles.

Rowland