[Samba] How to import LDIF to samba AD

przeqpiciel przeqpiciel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:36:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thank you for fast response. I have been drop into recovery test project.
It assumed when disaster come i will have only dumped data and i have to
install new os and make controller with imported data.

15 lis 2018 16:28 "Rowland Penny via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org>
napisaƂ(a):

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:00:07 +0100
przeqpiciel via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have to import to new one server which is totally clear import LDIF
> from old one. Just simple export/import.
> For dump old data I used to ldapsearch, right now when i try
> importing data I have a problem.
> LDAP: error code 32 - 00002030: objectclass: Cannot add cn=Name
> Surname,ou=Pracownicy,dc=tropico,dc=local, parent does not exist!
>
> And this is true, I have not ou=Pracownicy, so what i have to do?
> There is any method to import it properly ?

I think you might be getting a bit confused (it confused me anyway),
you don't create a new Samba AD DC like that, you 'join' another DC to
the domain and then (if you are removing the old DC) demote the old DC.

Though thinking about it, you may be trying to do something else, if so,
you need to explain just what you are trying to do.

Rowland