[Samba] FSMO sieze syntax not working

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 12:20:37 UTC 2018

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 at 08:45, Rowland Penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 23:03:51 +0000
> Jonathan Hunter via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Am I getting the syntax wrong?
> >
> > dc2:~ $ sudo samba-tool fsmo sieze --role=rid
> > Usage: samba-tool fsmo <subcommand>
> > samba-tool fsmo: error: no such option: --role
>
> No, you are not getting the syntax wrong, but if that is the exact
> command you ran, you are spelling 'SEIZE' wrong.

*blush*

Thank you Rowland, a second pair of eyes definitely helped there! The
correct command works perfectly, of course.

If nothing else, anybody else making the same error in the future will
now have a perfect guide to search for in the mailing list archives...
:-)

Thanks!

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"
      - Albert Einstein