[Samba] Samba with OpenLDAP (not a DC)

dee heffem dheffem at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:34:16 UTC 2018

<snip>

> Did you run smbpasswd -w <ldap-password> ?

That part appeared to be under the the "optional"
section so I did not. I will add that along with the
samba schema as you mention.

With write access to the Directory, what attributes does samba
update?  I'm concerned that our SASL passthrough attributes
may throw a wrench in the works.  If samba tries to update that
attribute with a password from the Linux end (password sync?)
we might have troubles elsewhere with logins.

> You could try reading this:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Ldapsam_Editposix

Thank you for the link. I will check it out. It looks closer
to what I'm wanting to do that other info I've run across.