[Samba] Samba 4 AD Join to Itself

Walsh, Tony (UK) tony.walsh at baesystems.com
Thu Nov 8 11:55:35 UTC 2018

Hi
Running Samba 4.9 AD DC on CentOS 7 and would like to join the server to the domain that it serves out.
This is to manage user access to roaming profiles.
Can anyone advise whether this is

1.       Possible

2.       Advisable

3.       What pitfalls there are

Thanks

Tony Walsh

The information contained in this communication may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged.
If you have received this message in error please notify the sender or a member of the Communications
team immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.  You must not disclose
it to any other person or third party who is not on the original distribution.

BAE SYSTEMS MARINE Limited. Registered number is 00229770.
Registered Office: Warwick House, PO Box 87,
Farnborough Aerospace Centre, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6YU

This document contains sensitive information of the United Kingdom Government which is not available in
the public domain in the United Kingdom. It is provided to the United States Government and/or United States
Contractors acting on behalf of the United States Government on the condition that it is not released to the
public without the approval of the United Kingdom Government.

BAE Systems may process information about you that may be subject to data protection laws. For more information about how we use your personal information, how we protect your information, our legal basis for using your information, your rights and who you can contact, please refer to our Privacy Notice at  www.baesystems.com/en/privacy