[Samba] GPUpdate

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Nov 6 15:14:11 UTC 2018

> read the file \eccm
> g.cupet.cusysvoldomainPolicies{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}
> gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful.

That is just an incorrect configured sysvol share.
The computer computer$ impersonates itself through user SYSTEM.
And that one does not have rights to gpt.ini.

Same for you...
I suggest, start reading here, it explains all.
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-February/213690.html

My output on with 4.8.6.

C:\>gpupdate
Updating policy...

Computer Policy update has completed successfully.
User Policy update has completed successfully.

And this works as of samba 4.4.x and up for me.
And yes, this is a bit a work around some nasty bugs but its working fine here.

I install software/certifcates, create local users, change/add localgroups to computers, deploy printers, etc.
All done with GPO, and yes, it was hell to get it working.

Greetz,

Louis