[Samba] [samba] joining a Centos7 to MS AD

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:16:26 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue I can't understand, so here I am...

I'm trying to join a CentOS 7 to MS AD and it fails with:

sitename_fetch: No stored sitename for realm 'AD.DOMAIN.TLD'
ads_dns_lookup_srv: 4 records returned in the answer section.
ads_cldap_netlogon: did not get a reply
ads_cldap_netlogon: did not get a reply
ads_cldap_netlogon: did not get a reply
ads_cldap_netlogon: did not get a reply
libnet_Join:
    libnet_JoinCtx: struct libnet_JoinCtx
        out: struct libnet_JoinCtx
            account_name             : 'HOSTNAME$'
            netbios_domain_name      : NULL
            dns_domain_name          : NULL
            forest_name              : NULL
            dn                       : NULL
            domain_guid              : 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
            domain_sid               : NULL
                domain_sid               : (NULL SID)
            modified_config          : 0x00 (0)
            error_string             : 'failed to find DC for domain
AD.DOMAIN.TLD - A domain controller for this domain was not found.'
            domain_is_ad             : 0x00 (0)
            set_encryption_types     : 0x00000000 (0)
            krb5_salt                : NULL
            result                   : WERR_NERR_DCNOTFOUND

What I can't understand is we can use kinit on that system to get Kerberos
ticket and we can use that ticket to perform ldapsearch.

Some others CentOS 7 are joined to that very same domain...

I could provide more information if needed.

If any of you had some idea, that would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

mathias