[Samba] classicupgrade

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 5 13:41:28 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 14:31:35 +0100
Corrado Ravinetto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Il 05/11/2018 14:01, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> > Nothing really wrong with your English, when I said 'It sounds
> > like', this can also mean 'I think', English is wonderful, we have
> > words that, whilst spelt the same, mean totally different things
> > depending on how you pronounce them;-)
>
> thanks a lot :-)
>
> >> i want my users connect to domain and authenticate to him, then,
> >> after authentication, use a share on member.
> >> That's all
> >> like before i used pdc, only difference, i had 1 server only for
> >> authentication e file server
> > This is what I thought, so remove the libnss_winbind links from the
> > DC,
> i do it
> >   these are only required if you want to use your DC as a
> > fileserver.
>
> ok, but on dc, when i login from my windows client, i see always
> error in log.smbd
> if there is no problem, i forget this log :-)

This all depends on what you mean by 'login', if you mean when a client
logs into a Windows machine and authenticates from the DC, then
removing the links should stop your error.
If you mean that your Windows clients try to log into the DC, then they
cannot because of the login shell set '/bin/false', again removing the
links will stop this because they will no longer be recognised by the
Unix OS.

Of course, the error message can be ignored, it is meaningless, it is
just tell you it cannot do something, that it really shouldn't be
doing anyway ;-)

Rowland