[Samba] classicupgrade

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 5 13:01:54 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 13:50:09 +0100
Corrado Ravinetto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Il 05/11/2018 13:24, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> > It sounds like you do not want your users to log into the DC, so I
> > would remove the libnss_winbind links on the DC, this will not
> > affect authentication from the DC.
> sorry for my english,

Nothing really wrong with your English, when I said 'It sounds like',
this can also mean 'I think', English is wonderful, we have words that,
whilst spelt the same, mean totally different things depending on how
you pronounce them ;-)

> i want my users connect to domain and authenticate to him, then,
> after authentication, use a share on member.
> That's all
> like before i used pdc, only difference, i had 1 server only for
> authentication e file server

This is what I thought, so remove the libnss_winbind links from the
DC, these are only required if you want to use your DC as a fileserver.

Rowland