[Samba] classicupgrade

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 5 11:09:09 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 11:51:00 +0100
Corrado Ravinetto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Il 05/11/2018 11:41, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> > You might as well remove the line 'winbind use default domain =
> > Yes', it does nothing on a DC.
> > I would also add 'idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes'
> ok, i did it
> > When you run 'getent passwd username' does it produce output ?
> [root at dc1 etc]# getent passwd massaro
> LXCERRUTI\massaro:*:3000027:513::/home/LXCERRUTI/massaro:/bin/false
>
> > If so, does it produce the output you expect ?
> yes

Is 'massaro' one of your existing users carried over by the
classicupgrade ?
If it is, then you are not getting the expected output.
The number '3000027' comes from 'idmap.ldb' and not from AD.
If it isn't, try again with a user carried over by the classicupgrade.

It also shows two potential problems that come from using a DC as a
fileserver, any Unix home dirs & login shells stored in AD are not
used. All users get the home dir '/home/DOMAIN/username' and the login
shell '/bin/false' i.e. they cannot log into the DC.

> > How are you starting Samba ?
> at this moment, in test environment, by hand with samba

Good, just checking that you were not starting all the Samba deamons.

Rowland