[Samba] classicupgrade

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Nov 5 09:54:13 UTC 2018

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 10:28:31 +0100
Corrado Ravinetto via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Il 31/10/2018 17:35, Corrado Ravinetto via samba ha scritto:
> > ok, sorry, are all AD users
> i taked out id map in smb.conf, but when i connect with a client in
> log.smbd:
>
> [2018/11/05 10:20:29.489762,  0]
> ../source3/smbd/uid.c:386(change_to_user_internal)
>    change_to_user_internal: chdir_current_service() failed!
>

> any idea ???

OK, you classicupgraded 3.6.x to 4.9.1, by this I take it you mean you
have upgraded a PDC to an AD DC, is this correct ?

What OS are you using ?
What Samba packages are you using, or have you compiled Samba yourself ?
If you are using Samba Packages, which ones did you install ?
If you compiled Samba yourself, did you create the libnss_winbind
links ?

Rowland