[Samba] Kodi crashes when trying to browse network

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Nov 2 14:45:44 UTC 2018

On 11/2/18 5:43 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Its a headless server so in this case im unable to test from within kodi, atm.
> But Michael count try to to adjust the maxprotocol from within kodi and see if that helps.

Kodi is a GUI app. There is no "shell" or "exit to shell" feature. It calls library
functions and does not call the "smbclient" command-line tool.

Any changes to guisettings.xml requires entering the GUI and toggling the settings.
I've tried setting Min Protocol to None, SMBv1, SMBv2. I've tried setting Max
Protocol to None, SMBv1, SMBv2. No combination of settings works. Kodi crashes the
same way (in libgenrand-samba4.so, opening /dev/urandom) each time.

This looks like a Samba bug so I'll file it.

Thanks,
Michael