[Samba] Kodi crashes when trying to browse network

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 2 10:43:11 UTC 2018

Hai,

smbclient -L  $(hostname -s) on CLI, wworks witout problem on ubuntu 18.04,
with the newly builded samba 4.9.1 package from repo and the kodi 18 Beta4.

I also noticed that kodi 18 has some setting now in /home/kodi/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

    <setting id="smb.legacysecurity" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="smb.maxprotocol" default="true">3</setting>
    <setting id="smb.minprotocol" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="smb.winsserver" default="true">0.0.0.0</setting>

Its a headless server so in this case im unable to test from within kodi, atm.
But Michael count try to to adjust the maxprotocol from within kodi and see if that helps.

Greetz,

Louis