[Samba] Kodi crashes when trying to browse network

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 2 07:33:56 UTC 2018

Hai,

I think he also forgot to mention this part of kodi and smbclient.

( the default of kodi its smbclient  )
.smb/smb.conf
[global]
        lock directory = /home/username/.kodi/.smb/
        name resolve order = bcast host
        include = /home/username/.kodi/.smb/user.conf

I suggest, he needs to add the needed smbclient -mSMB1 into the user.conf of kodi.
At least he should try it witout the bcast in name resolv oder.
This looks a bit like the NMBD broadcast bug.

Greetz,

Louis