[Samba] Kodi crashes when trying to browse network

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Nov 1 16:22:52 UTC 2018

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 10:46:05 -0500
Michael Cronenworth via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 11/1/18 10:37 AM, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > Can you post the smb.conf you are using
>
> It's the default smb.conf for Samba 4.9 that all Fedora users
> receive. Attaching anyway.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

For those who didn't get the smb.conf, here it is (without the default
lines):

[global]
	workgroup = SAMBA
	security = user
	printing = cups
	printcap name = cups
	cups options = raw

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	valid users = %S, %D%w%S
	browseable = No
	read only = No
	inherit acls = Yes

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/tmp
	printable = Yes
	create mask = 0600
	browseable = No

[print$]
	comment = Printer Drivers
	path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
	write list = @printadmin root
	force group = @printadmin
	create mask = 0664
	directory mask = 0775

It is for a standalone server without guest access, it also will not
allow network browsing because of the default 'server max protocol =
SMB3'

I think you need to understand that network browsing is going away, you
need SMB1 for this.

Anyway, it shouldn't crash, so can you get a level 10 from when it
crashes and a wireshark trace would be nice.

Once you have obtained the above, can you please open a bug report for
this.

Rowland