[Samba] Internal DNS migrate to Bind9_DLZ

Eben Victor eben.victor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 05:21:57 UTC 2018

I've been been trying to investigate this for sometime now, hence I came to
the experts :)

I have rejoined all my DC's with new names, see below.
;; ANSWER SECTION:
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    psad101zatcrh.<domain>.corp. -> New
rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    prdc001zafsrh.<domain>.corp. -> New
rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    prdc003zacprh.<domain>.corp. -> New
rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    zatprdc001.<domain>.corp. -> Old
demoted DC, old hostname, cannot be found in AD
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    prdc002zacprh.<domain>.corp. -> New
rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    psad102zadprh.<domain>.corp. -> New
rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    prdc001zatcrh.<domain>.corp. -> New
rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade
<domain>.corp.    3600    IN    NS    prdc001zacprh.<domain>.corp. -> New
rebuild, new hostname, RHEL6 to RHEL7 upgrade

Here is the "/etc/resolv.conf"
I have tried different changes in the /etc/resolv.conf as well
$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by NetworkManager
search <domain>.corp <domain2>.corp <domain3>.corp <domain4>.net <domain5>.
co.za <domain6>.co.za
nameserver <IP of DC 2>
nameserver <IP of DC 1>
nameserver <IP of DC 3>
# NOTE: the libc resolver may not support more than 3 nameservers.
# The nameservers listed below may not be recognized.
nameserver <IP of DC 4>
nameserver <IP of DC 5>
nameserver <IP of DC 6>