[Samba] Fw: Home directory is not created

Suman Koirala koiralasu at mnstate.edu
Wed May 30 14:56:53 UTC 2018

Hi there,

I have following  homes section on my smb.conf file.

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   valid users = %S
   guest ok = no
   path = /home/remote/%U
   root preexec = /usr/local/sbin/mkhomdironfly.sh %U

script to make home directory i.e mkhomdironfly.sh

if [ ! -e /home/remote/$1 ]; then
        mkdir /home/remote/$1
        cp /etc/skel/* /home/remote/$1
        chown -R $1 /home/remote/$1
        chgrp -R "domain users" /home/remote/$1
        chmod -R 700 /home/remote/$1
fi
exit 0
~

I was able to login but the home directory is  not created. And it does not show any sort of errors in the log file.

i have also created /home/remote with drwsr-x--- permission and "domain users" as group.

drwsr-x---  3 root    domain users 4096 May 30 09:41 remote

But still home directory is not created.

Thank You.

gsumk