[Samba] Can't join Windows 10 to classic domain

Marco Shmerykowsky PE marco at sce-engineers.com
Wed May 30 14:04:10 UTC 2018

The issue does not seem to be connected to SMB1.

It can be installed and it still won't authenticate.
Something has been changed to force authentication to
AD/DNS either solely or as a first step.  The translation
of the netbios name never happens even if the computer
can resolve the name.

Given that the authentication thru netbios resolution
seems to get grandfathered in provided the domain is
joined prior to the latest upgrade, it would seem there
is a tweak that can applied, but who knows.