[Samba] Can't connect anymore a share in domain A from domain B since

Hénoch Hervé h.henoch at isc84.org
Tue May 29 12:43:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

In the past (2 months ago) : I have two AD Domain under Samba 4.1 : A
and B. I war able to  connect a share in A from B.

Now (after upgrade) : I have a W2016 domain (B) and a Samba 4.6 domain
(A) but I can't connect a share in A from B. The user from B which try
to connect the share in A has the same login in the two domains.

So since the upgrade I don't have the same behavior ...

 From a computer named XXX in domain B I've tried  this command : net
use z: \\<computer in A>\<share> /USER:login0 at A (where login0 is the
same in A and B for the user).

If I write a wrong password I have the system error 86 but if i write
the good password (must write it twice) i have the system error 5.

In Samba logs are :

   ntlm_password_check: LM password and LMv2 failed for user login0, and
NT MD4 password in LM field not permitted
   ntlm_password_check: Lanman passwords NOT PERMITTED for user login0
   ntlm_password_check: LM password and LMv2 failed for user login0, and
NT MD4 password in LM field not permitted
   ntlm_password_check: Lanman passwords NOT PERMITTED for user login0
   ntlm_password_check: LM password and LMv2 failed for user login0, and
NT MD4 password in LM field not permitted
   auth_check_password_recv: sam_ignoredomain authentication for user
[A\login0] FAILED with error NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD
   auth_check_password_send: Checking password for unmapped user
[A]\[login0 at A]@[\\XXX]
   auth_check_password_send: mapped user is: [A]\[login0]@[\\XXX]

How can I do such a connection ? I've tried "map untrusted to domain =
yes" but it is not working better ...

Regard

--
		*Hervé* *HÉNOCH*
*Responsable informatique*

/250, chemin de Baigne-Pieds – 84 000 Avignon/
*/www.institut-sainte-catherine.org/*
<http://www.institut-sainte-catherine.org/>